PD and Wellbeing
Catholic Early Learning Centres Curriculum
Physical Development and Wellbeing
- Leading a healthy life enables children to grow and learn to fully participate in family, community and in school learning environments.
- Wellbeing encompasses the whole person. In a Catholic school context the curriculum provides the foundation for each student’s intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual development, enabling them to discover and develop their capabilities and talents through a balanced education of the whole person created in the image of God.
- Children are guided to make positive, healthy lifestyle choices as discerning decision makers.
- Positive interactions with caring adults in safe learning environments help children develop self-control and self esteem.
- Quality and enjoyable play opportunities are necessary for mental and physical health. Learning through play allows for the practise of physical skills in meaningful contexts. Teachers observe and identify children’s physical interests, skills and abilities and negotiate activities that extend each child.